Michael H.A. Ostrem
Michael Ostrem is a partner with Mulligan & Bjornnes, PLLP and has been with the firm since 2007. Prior to joining Mulligan and Bjornnes, Mike spent five years at the Minneapolis firm of Faegre & Benson LLP in their trusts and estates group, focusing on planning for high net worth individuals. Mike graduated magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2003 and received his B.A. degree from St. Olaf College in 1993. Prior to attending law school, he spent five years at Lutheran Brotherhood working with life insurance and annuity products.
- The review, analysis, design and implementation of estate planning techniques for individuals, including tax-planning strategies and the preparation of wills, trust agreements and related documents necessary to implement the estate plan;
- Representation of trustees in the administration of trusts and estates and in matters relating to fiduciary duties and powers, proper investments, and interpretation of trust agreements and wills;
- Administration and distribution of estates and trusts and preparation of federal and state estate tax returns, federal and state individual and fiduciary income tax returns, and federal gift tax returns;
- Representation of individual clients in connection with asset protection planning, including formation of trusts, implementation and administration of gifting programs, and titling of assets;
- Representation of clients in connection with business and corporate transactions, including buy/sell agreements and the formation of partnerships, LLCs and corporations;
- The design and implementation of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements; and
- The design and implementation of business succession planning.
St. Olaf College, B.A., cum laude, in History with a concentration in Environmental Studies
University of Minnesota, J.D., magna cum laude
Minnesota State Bar Association
Minneapolis Estate Planning Council